Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ck!!

Well, it's been over a year since I last posted - due to a self-imposed internet blackout. And I see that nothing much has changed in reference to the post below. Very sad.


Anyway, I suspect my few blog fans are horrified at the mere thought of not having internet, but here are a few things I discovered from the experience:

  • Reading - yes - reading real books! The printed on paper kind! I re-read just about every book I own. Fell in love with some of them all over again and donated some to my co-op's lending library. Picked up a library card from SFU.
  • I am still attractive to the opposite sex. A very interesting experience.
  • I have a vacuum cleaner and I know how to use it.
  • There are hundreds of TV channels but on many occasions there is nothing worth watching.
  • I have friends and family with whom to have dinner, who enjoy walks along the seawall, to chat with on the phone, do things with, commiserate with, watch DVDs with and generally make eye contact with rather than sit alone and chat with over the 'net.
  • I live in a very interesting neighbourhood.
  • I can actually enjoy peace and quiet without needing the visual stimulation of the 'net from 8am to 12 midnight
On the other hand, I am really, really, really am happy to be back. YIPPEEEEE!!!

No comments: